LANE COVE RIVER KAYAKERS
Lane Cove River Kayakers is a racing and fitness paddling club based at Rotary Athletics Field, Lane Cove North, Sydney. We meet every Wednesday evening throughout the year for a 6.25pm start, 12km, 9km or 6km time trial on tranquil Lane Cove River.
Lane Cove River Kayakers are well on track to building a strong team (40+ boats) to take on the 2016 Hawkesbury Canoe Classic
With a long history supporting the event and with LCRK holding a good number of the Hawkesbury Canoe Classic race records, we are very keen to put in a strong performance this year in the 40th anniversary of the event. If you are contemplating taking on the event, then think about joining the Lane Cove River Kayakers team.
- Our weekly 6:30pm time trials (6/9/12km) give you invaluable night time paddling experience,
- Members have access to (free) organised familiarisation paddles covering the HCC course
- Members include experienced HCC, marathon and ultramarathon paddlers - willing to share, advise and motivate. A series of HCC Workshops are provided after some of our Wed night Time Trials.
- LCRK has a wealth of HCC information/tips/and resources built over many many years.
- LCRK will be providing support crew and Club camaraderie at the various scheduled stops of the HCC.
- The Hawkesbury Canoe Classic primarily supports the Arrow Bone Marrow Transplant Foundation, and every LCRK entry and the associated fundraising activity helps this great cause.
For more info on the LCRK Hawkesbury Canoe Classic campaign look here, and look here for details on LCRK Membership
[-Above: LCRK paddlers and support crew at Wisemans Ferry. Photo Jana Osvald 2015]
We have a strong membership base (over 140) with a broad range of ages and a reputation of being a relaxed and friendly club. While competitive on the water we are at all times very supportive of one another.
LCRK has established itself as one of the most active marathon racing clubs in NSW with high levels of participation in events such as the:
Amongst its many achievements the club is a regular winner of the Hawkesbury Canoe Classic’s Commonwealth Bank Cup, with members holding several class records.
Members also participate in harbour racing and sprint events and internationally in endurance races such as the Yukon River Quest (Canada) and the Fish River Marathon (South Africa) and in associated sports like multi-sport and adventure racing.